Where to Buy Fare Products
Basin Transit Service provides a variety of fare rates and mechanisms for the convenience of our customers. These passes, tickets, and token packages may be purchased at several convenient locations throughout the Klamath Falls area. They may also be purchased by mail.BTS fares can be purchased at the following locations:
1. Purchase directly from the bus drivers. Several BTS drivers are consignment locations and have a sign posted in their bus indicating tickets for sale.
2. Consignment locations for BTS include:
- East Main Market- 802 E Main St, Klamath Falls, OR 97601
- SPOKES Unlimited- 1006 Main St, Klamath Falls, OR 97601
- Klamath Basin Senior Citizen Center- 2045 Arthur St, Klamath Falls, OR 97603
- BTS Office- 1130 Adams Street, Klamath Falls, OR 97601
3. Order by mail. Include a self addressed and stamped envelope with your check or money order and some indication of what fare you wish to purchase. Send to Basin Transit Service, 1130 Adams Street, Klamath Falls, OR 97601.
Discount Fare Qualification
A FRIENDLY REMINDER:
You MUST qualify to purchase a student, senior or disabled discount. The drivers will check your qualifications and may not allow you to ride if you cannot meet the requirements. Call our office for more details.
STUDENT: Any person attending school, full or part time who has a student identification card. You may be required to show your ID card.
SENIOR: All persons age 65 years or older. Proof of age may be required.
DISABLED: Persons with a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more of the major life activities of such an individual, has a record of such impairment, or is regarded as having such an impairment. NOTE: This is an ADA/DOT definition. Further certification is required to receive this discount fare. For additional details please call our office.
Children age 6 and under ride FREE when accompanied by a paying adult.
Students of Klamath Community College; and students of Eagle Ridge High School ride buses free by showing their valid identification card. Student ID cards must have the current semester stamp affixed to be considered valid.
OIT students must have and display their valid/current identification card and OIT bus pass.
SPECIAL NOTE: To best serve our customers who must wait for their monthly retirement or disability checks to arrive in the mail, all monthly passes are valid from the first day of the month of issue until the fifth (5th) day of the following month.